Inferno Riserva 2017
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Official Awards
- Wine Features
Valtellina Superiore Inferno comes from the smallest and rockiest of the subzones which define this appellation. A hard and tiring terroir, where machines and mechanical works are almost unusable, relegating to man and his dedication the task of working the vineyards. Rainoldi, also thanks to the experience gained in almost a century of activity, is a master in declining these areas, giving life to bottles such as Inferno, in which aromas and flavors take on intense contours, destined to evolve further with the passing of the years.
- Color Intense ruby red colour
- Bouquet notes of small red fruits, spices, tobacco, thyme
- Taste In the mouth it is rich, dense with a persistent aftertaste. Particularly long-lived wine.
Red meat, game and baked preparations with elaborate sauces.
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 15 years
- Name Inferno Riserva
- Appelation Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Aged in small oak barrels for about 18 months. Assemblage in steel tanks before bottling and left to rest for 2 months.
- Bottle aging in a dark and cool cellar for one year before being placed on the market.