Barolo Giribaldi Ravera Riserva 2015
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Wine Features
These grapes come from the vineyard Ravera in Novello at a height 360 mt above sea level, the soil is marl - calcareous with a tendency to clayey, with a good permeability. The vineyard has a very good South exposure. .
- Color ruby red colour with amaranth reflexes
- Bouquet an evident perception of good fruit appeals to the nose. Hints of spices and roses
- Taste Full body, fine tannins and a delicious finish. In this Barolo you can appreciate the elegance of the nebbiolo from Novello
Exceptional with game, red meats in general, braised and roasted. Excellent meditation wine. After a few years of aging, the combination with black chocolate and cocoa-based sweets is very interesting.
- Serve at 18-20°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 25 years
- Name Barolo Ravera Riserva
- Appelation Barolo DOCG
- Bottle Size 0.75l
14.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Fermentation The wine making process is in the traditional way, where for 25 days “rimontaggi and follatura” take place i.e. the must is pumped over the cap several times a day to avoid drying out, and also the cap is mechanically broken up. This happens at a temperature of 30 °C to optimize extraction.
- Ageing Process The wine is then drawn off, and left in steel vats for 2 months, then is matured in oak casks for 30 months.
- Bottle Ageing the wine is kept in the bottle in our underground cellar where there is a constant temperature of 16°C