Sfursat di Valtellina 2019
Sforzato di Valtellina DOCG
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Official Awards
- Wine Features
Produced using the special technique of appassimento, Sfursat is perhaps the type that most identifies with Valtellina and its viticulture. The result is a red wine of great depth, rich, full and enveloping. Complex like few other Italian red wines, Aldo Rainoldi's Sfursat di Valtellina DOCG is a wine whose longevity is perhaps its most important characteristic. Left to mature for a year and a half in large oak casks, it is then refined in the bottle for at least 12 months before release.
- Color Intense uby red colour
- Bouquet Rich and spicy bouquet with hints of jam and dried red flowers.
- Taste Warm, vigorous, with a full, round and harmonious flavour.
Red meat, game and mature cheeses
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 15 years
- Name Sfursate di Valtellina
- Appelation Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Bottle Size 0.75l
14.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Drying at 350 m a.s.l. for about two months. Aging in 25 and 56 hl oak barrels for 20 months. Assemblage in steel tanks before bottling and left to rest for 2 months.
- The aging in the bottle takes place in a dark and cool cellar for at least one year before being placed on the market.