Pigato Via Maestra 2020
Riviera Ligure di Ponente DOC
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Wine Features
rom the La Ginestraia winery comes an exceptional interpretation of the pigato grape variety, which in this case translates into "Via Maestra," Riviera Ligure di Ponente DOC that has an interesting aromatic profile and an enveloping, stimulating sip. The grapes ferment at a controlled temperature in barriques of first and second passage, where they then continue to age for about 6 months. A superior Pigato, which can be left to mature for a few more years, to taste it in a more evolved version.
- Color Straw yellow color with golden hues
- Bouquet ample and elegant aromas of ripe fruits, from pear to citrus, very fine notes of honey and acacia flowers
- Taste rich structural and aromatic complexity, soft, complex and elegant. It has rich structure and evolves positively over the years.
Excellent throughout a meal, it has a particular predilection toward those recipes in which fish is the protagonist. Try it with a San Remo shrimp tartare.
- Serve at 8°C.
- Decanting time not necessarry
- Name Pigato Via Maestra
- La Ginestraia
- Appelation Riviera Ligure di Ponente DOC
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Fermentation the best grapes are selected during the harvest and immediately afterwards are pressed and the free-run juice, separated from the less noble lees, is fermented at a controlled temperature in barriques of first and second passage where it will age for about 6 months on the noble lees, undergoing 2 batonnages every week, before being bottled the spring following the harvest.