Alpi Retiche IGT
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Name Inferno RiservaWine Features
The Crespino (dog rose berry) owes its name to the colour that the bunches take on when they reach the perfect stage of ripeness. This is the moment, generally between the end of October and the first week of November, when the harvest is carried out, strictly by hand.
The 100% Nebbiolo grapes used to produce this Valtellinese red wine come from the terraces clinging to the living rocks of the Valtellina Superiore sub-zone (Ponchiera, Valtellina and Sondrio).
These are impervious places that make this kind of viticulture truly "heroic".
- Color Intense ruby red colour
- Bouquet Ethereal, balsamic scent, with hints of wet earth.
- Taste The tannins are powerful, but well harmonized. In the mouth it is full, dense and persistent.
Cheeses, first courses of land and dishes based on game
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 10 years
- Name Crespino
- Appelation Alpi Retiche IGT
- Nebbiolo 90%, MErlot 10%
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Aged in small oak barrels for about 18 months. Assemblage in steel tanks before bottling and left to rest for 3 months.
- The aging in the bottle takes place in a dark and cool cellar for at least 9 months before being placed on the market.