Serafini & Vidotto
Montello-Colli Asolani DOC - 2019
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Wine Features
Phigaia' by Serafini & Vidotto is a Bordeaux-style red wine that comes from a blend of Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon produced in the DOC Montello-Colli Asolani area to the northwest of Treviso in optimal hydrogeological conditions. It matures in wood for a period ranging from 13 to 18 months and, finally, stays in the bottle for a further 2 years. The attack on the palate is excellent and convincing, with fresh, fruity notes, round tannins of great elegance that flank softness on a savoury base and balanced alcohol content; long, spicy finish with notes of liquorice.
- Color ruby red wine of great luminosity with a slight garnet hue on the rim.
- Bouquet The first nose is rich and ample on fruity notes of sour cherries, sour cherries and blackcurrants. Then there are elegant vegetal perceptions of officinal herbs and roasted peppers. This is followed by coffee, vanilla berries and pink pepper.
- Taste the attack in the mouth with fresh and fruity notes, round tannins of great elegance that flank the softness on a savoury background and balanced alcohol content; long spicy finish with notes of liquorice.
Ideal on braised veal cheeks, lamb chops with rosemary, medium matured sheep and cow cheeses.
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 10 years
- Name Phigaia
- Serafini & Vidotto
- Appelation Montello-Colli Asolani DOC
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Ageing Process 13-18 months depending on the variety and the vintage
- Bottle Ageing 2 years
Vine Training guyot
- Yeld per Hectar 1'500-4'000 kg
- Soil Structure Ferretto soil (reddish brown clayey soil)