Grumello Riserva 2016
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Official Awards
- Wine Features
The Nebbiolo grapes used to produce Rainoldi's Valtellina Superiore Riserva Grumello come from a special area called "Dossi Salati" within the commune of Sondrio.
These are the vineyards of Grumello Castle with the highest altitudes and therefore the best sunshine.
The panorama of Valtellina and Valmalenco is truly enchanting with the suggestive background of the Bernina peaks.
To be honest, we consider this Rainoldi red wine a small oenological masterpiece, produced exclusively in the best years and in only 3275 bottles.
- Color Intense uby red colour
- Bouquet Notes of black cherry on the nose with aromas of violets and liquorice.
- Taste In the mouth it is full-bodied, juicy, with a savoury and persistent finish. Wine with great structure and elegance suitable for long aging.
Red meat, game and baked preparations with elaborate sauces.
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 15 years
- Name Grumello Riserva
- Appelation Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- In small new oak barrels for about 18 months. Assemblage in steel tanks before bottling and left to rest for 2 months.
- Bottle aging in a dark and cool cellar for at least 2 years before being placed on the market.