Magnum Sassella Riserva 2016
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Official Awards
- Wine Features
The production philosophy of Aldo Rainoldi's winery is "Wine as culture" and this Sassella Riserva fully respects it. Terraces and local viticultural tradition honor the knowledge left by ancestors and leads to the production of wines that exalt and pay homage to the culture of these places, enclosing an innovation needed to improve a selection of high level wines. An absolute quality of which Sassella Superiore Riserva is part of, a red wine of great longevity which already after two or three years offers itself in all its particular harmony.
It is robust and austere and it is exclusively produced in the best vintages, after a rigorous selection of grapes. We are in the fascinating image of the terraced vineyards of Valtellina, on vineyards which slip away between 270 and 600 meters above sea level, on soils rich in iron rock and on vines more than 30 years old. Rainoldi's Sassella Riserva ages in oak casks for almost two years and then stabilizes for another twelve months in bottle.
- Color Ruby red colour
- Bouquet Delicate, ethereal bouquet with hints of walnuts and plums in alcohol
- Taste In the mouth it is particularly harmonious, velvety and persistent. Wine suitable for long aging
Red meat, fatty fish such as salmon and baked turbot.
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 15 years
- Name Sassella Riserva
- Appelation Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Bottle Size 1.5l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- In 25 and 56 hl oak barrels for about 24 months. Assemblage in steel tanks before bottling and left to rest for 2 months.
- Bottle aging in a dark and cool cellar for one year before being placed on the market.