Rocca Coeli Etna Rosso
Etna Rosso DOC - 2016
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Wine Features
Rocca Coeli was founded by a desire to pursue excellence, and authentic passion for the different expressions of Sicilian terroir, Salvatore Geraci and his family recently decided to invest on a new project by buying a property on the north side of the volcano Etna. The vineyards are located at an altitude on 800 m a.s.l. and are located in Castiglione di Sicilia, the grand cru of Etna.
- Color Intense ruby red
- Bouquet Aromas of smoke, flint, dark currant, rose and Mediterranean scrub
- Taste Packed with elegance and mineral tension, there are layers of morello cherry, cranberry, star anise, thyme and graphite against fine tannins and crisp acidity.
Oily fish like sardines, tuna, and swordfish, sausages, meatloaf, meatballs, steaks, goat cheese, Gouda, and Jack.
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 10 years
- Name Rocca Coeli Etna Rosso
- Nerello Mascalese
- Bottle Size 0.75l
14.0% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Fermentation Traditional fermentation with indigenous yeasts and temperature controlled process. The wine is not further filtered using only indigenous yeasts.
- Ageing Process: 24 months in French oak barriques (15 hl barrels) for an average period of 18 months depending on the vintage.
- Bottle Ageing 24 months
- Production About 3.000 bottles/year.