Galea Bianco 2016
Colli Orientali del Friuli Friulano DOC
This wine is very similar to Brazan. Why do we produce two wines? Mostly same grape variety, same vinification technique, all things being equal but the terroir: these 2 wines come from 2 different vineyards, hence all the differences are given by the terroir factor. Drier and sunkissed the Galea vineyard, bringing more earthy flavours, and a minerality of baked stones. More humid and with more diurnal variation the Brazan vineyard, which gives more hydrocarbonic aromas, and a minerality of salty sea air.
Earthy, deep, terroir-driven classic old-school blend. Almonds, sun-burned stones, honey, anice.
- Color Straw yellow
- Bouquet Floral and fruity notes, enriched with hints of almond and flint
- Taste Excellent balance, excellent length
Food Pairing & Serving Tips
It's a wine with the right body perfect with grilled fish, seasoned cheese, pasta with fish and tomato souce.
- Serve at 8-10°C.
- Decanting time not necessarry
- Name Galea Bianco
- I Clivi
- Appelation Colli Orientali del Friuli Friulano DOC
- 90% Friulano, 10% Verduzzo
- Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.0% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Fermentation Stainless steel tanks
- Grapevine Age 70 years
- Soil Structure Marl and sandstone flysch of Eocene origin
- Vineyard Location “Galea” Vineyard on Gramogliano Hills, Corno di Rosazzo, Province of Udine, along the Slovenian Border.