Colli Orientali del Friuli Friulano DOC - 2019
This wine is very similar to Brazan. Why do they produce two wines? Mostly same grape variety, same vinification technique, all things being equal but the terroir: these 2 wines come from 2 different vineyards, hence all the differences are given by the terroir factor. Drier and sunkissed the Galea vineyard, bringing more earthy flavours, and a minerality of baked stones. More humid and with more diurnal variation the Brazan vineyard, which gives more hydrocarbonic aromas, and a minerality of salty sea air.
Earthy, deep, terroir-driven classic old-school blend. Almonds, sun-burned stones, honey, anice.
- Color Straw yellow
- Bouquet Floral and fruity notes, enriched with hints of almond and flint
- Taste Excellent balance, excellent length
Food Pairing & Serving Tips
It's a wine with the right body perfect with grilled fish, seasoned cheese, pasta with fish and tomato souce.
- Serve at 8-10°C.
- Decanting time not necessarry
- Name Galea Bianco
- I Clivi
- 90% Friulano, 10% Verduzzo
- Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.0% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Fermentation Stainless steel tanks
- Grapevine Age 70 years
- Soil Structure Marl and sandstone flysch of Eocene origin
- Vineyard Location “Galea” Vineyard on Gramogliano Hills, Corno di Rosazzo, Province of Udine, along the Slovenian Border.