Malvasia Vigna 80 anni
Collio DOP - 2021
Sale Sold out
Regular price €19,00
Regular priceUnit price per
Availability: more than 12 bottles.
The 'Vigna 80 Anni' Malvasia wine produced by I Clivi is a label that represents the excellence of Friulian whites, which have always been famous for their intensity, aromatic richness and longevity. The grapes are whole cluster pressed and the must flower, after static decantation, ferments in steel tanks spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. Before bottling, the wine rests 12 months in steel tanks on the fine lees.
- Color bright straw yellows
- Bouquet notes of citrus, yellow fruit, chamomile and light mineral hints
- Taste slightly aromatic, marked by very gentle camomille aromas. Acidic yet delicate, a perfect example of balance.
Food Pairing & Serving Tips
Vegetable risotto, sushi and sashimi, plain fish pasta.
- Serve at 8-10°C.
- Decanting time not necessarry
- Name Malvasia Vigna 80 anni
- i Clivi
- 100% Malvasia Istriana
- Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.0% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Vinification The hand-picked whole grapes (i.e. with no prior de-stemming) are pressed very gently (max 1.2 bar) in order to extract only the first and cleanest part of the must (mosto fiore), which is immediately pumped in a stainless steel vat where the most solid and heavy parts decant overnight. In the morning the upper part of the must is separated from the bottom (feccia grossa – hard lees) and racked in to another stainless steel tank, where the natural, grapes’ own yeasts start the fermentation of the sugars.
This fermentation (called alcoholic) lasts till complete reduction of the sugars (which at the end are below 2 gr/lt) into alcohol. At the end of this process, the wine stays on its own fermentation deposits (feccia fine – lees), which are kept floating in order to avoid reductive (asphyxia) effects and to gain the stabilization and anti-oxidative benefits that these natural components bring. This is called maturation on lees. The length of this maturation varies from wine to wine; this Malvasia Vigna 80 Anni matures 12 months on its own lees, always remaining in stainless steel vats (no oak). After this time, the wine is bottled with a light filtration, meant only to eliminate the cloudiness brought by the floating lees. 30 mg of SO2 are added per liter, which with the natural amount produced by the alcoholic fermentation adds up to a 50 mg/lt total, where the maximum amount allowed by EU Organic Regulations is 150 mg/lt.
- Grapevine Age 80 years
- Soil Structure Marl and sandstone flysch of Eocene origin
- Vineyard Location Brazzano di Cormons, province of Gorizia, along the Slovenian border.