Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Official Awards
- Wine Features
This is the wine made by Luigi in honor of his father Tonino in 1988. Aged in large cask of 25 hl. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo "Tonì" is an impressive wine, with inviting aromas of blackberries and a pleasing herbaceous trait which makes this wine sweet and expansive to the nose, fresh, elegant and persistent.
Cataldi Madonna's Montepulciano d'Abruzzo "Tonì" is produced in the Cona area, on an espalier vineyard dating back to 1990 and located 380 meters above sea level; after 20/28 days of maceration, Tonì ages in wood for 12 months and in bottle for 18 months.
We are in front of a Montepulciano of quality and class, elegant, imposing and impenetrable: a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo which is really worth trying.
- Color Intense ruby red
- Bouquet Elegant scents of wood, with hints of ripe fruit
- Taste Impenetrable, full bodied, intense and pleasantly tannic
It is perfect for roasted meat, seasoned cheeses, meditation.
- Serve at 18°C.
- Decanting time 1 Hour
- Longevity 10 - 15 years
- Name Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Tonì
- Cataldi Madonna
- Appelation Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC
- Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
- 14% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Immediate destemming-crushing, spontaneous fermentation, with indigenous yeasts for 20-28 days maceration, at 18/20 degrees, and subsequent contact with thin lees
- Aging 12 months 25 hl wooden barrels, 18 months in bottle
- 380 masl