Faro Palari 2011
Faro DOC - 2011
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Official Awards
- Wine Features
Faro from Palari winery is a Sicilian red wine of great elegance and finesse, which conquers for its intensity and complexity. It is one of the most interesting excellences of the island and it is produced on the extreme eastern point of Sicily, facing the Strait of Messina. It has been awarded for 12 times with the 3 Bicchieri Gambero Rosso.
It is the wine of Scylla and Charybdis, produced with the classic grapes of the territory, Nerello Mascalese, Nerello Cappuccio, Nocera and small percentages of other local grapes. The long aging process in barrique, allows the wine to evolve and enrich itself with refined aromatic facets, which make it particularly fascinating. To the perfumes of great finesse, follows a deep, long and dense sip of a thousand aromatic nuances.
- Color red with garnet red reflections
- Bouquet ample with warm fruity notes of black cherry and strawberry jam, together with cocoa and vanilla
- Taste smooth and velvety, with a good dowry of tannins. Long and persistent.
Risotto with meat sauce, pasta with meat sauce, stewed white meat, stewed red meat.
- Serve at 16-18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 10 years
|3/3 + Red Wine of the Year||2005|
* the vintage you are going to buy
- Name Faro
- Appelation Faro Doc
- Nerello Mascalese 50%, Nerello Cappuccio 30%, Nocera 10%, other vines 10%
- Bottle Size 0.75l
14.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- traditional fermentation of the red with indigenous yeast and temperature control of fermentation and maceration
- New oak barriques of Tronçais and Allier, aging for an average period of 20 months. It doesn't perform filtering or fining
- 20 months