Fruttaio Cà Rizzieri
Sforzato di Valtellina DOCG - 2019
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Official Awards
- Wine Features
Wine of great elegance, produced only in favourable vintage years from a selection of the best Nebbiolo grapes. The bunches are left to dry up on the drying ranks at 500m high, in Ca' Rizzieri’s loft, that offers a dry and aired climate. Fermentation and maturation take place in new barrels for 16 - 18 months. After that, bottle ageing takes place; it is of vital importance and it lasts for over 12 months in cool, dark cellars.
- Color Intense ruby red colour
- Bouquet Complex and rich bouquet that ranges from aromatic herbs to black cherry in alcohol with hints of cinchona and tobacco
- Taste In the mouth it is full, enveloping, with powerful tannins but well harmonized by drying. Endless finish.
Roasted-grilled meat, stewed red meat, mature cheeses
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time 1 hour
- Longevity up to 20 years
- Name Fruttaio Ca' Rizzieri
- Appelation Sforzato di Valtellina DOCG
- Bottle Size 0.75l
14.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Drying at 500 m a.s.l. for about two months before vinification.
- Aging in small oak barrels for 18 months. Assemblage in steel tanks before bottling and left to rest for 2 months.
- The aging in the bottle takes place in a dark and cool cellar for at least one year before being placed on the market.