Serafini & Vidotto
Il Rosso dell'Abazia
Montello-Colli Asolani DOC - 2017
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Official Awards
- Wine Features
The Rosso dell’Abazia is the first wine made by Francesco and Antonello. It is his most prized wine: it’s been awarded the “Gambero Rosso Tre Bicchieri” for the 21st time.
This ROSSO is of a ruby red bright color with slight reflections of pomegranate and it has an optimum texture.
The first impression in the nose is captivating and shows a complex fruitiness including a hint of dried red plums, sour cherries and candied citrus fruits. After that you can observe a hint of herbs of hay, aromatic herbs, myrtle berries and bay as well as impressions of flowers as for example bloomed violets and eucalyptus.
In the mouth the perception is fresh and at the same time warm, comfortable and pleasant. The wine opens to its “young” but soft and harmoniously integrated tannins; the finish is long, fruity and spicy with a harmonic and persistent body.
- Color Deep ruby red
- Bouquet Rich and complex with intense aromas of ripe black plum, blackberry, red cherry, layered with candied citrus fruits, floral, herbal and savoury notes.
- Taste Full-bodied, it delivers mouth-filling, generous black fruit across the palate with spice and oak complexity. Tannins are structured, ripe and velvety. The finish is long and flavourful.
Red meat, roasted pheasant, aged cheeses.
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 20 years
Rosso dell'Abazia has been awarded soo many times with 3 Bicchieri Gambero Rosso that we report the "ranges" of vintages awarded.
*The vintage you are going to buy.
- Name Il Rosso dell'Abazia
- Serafini & Vidotto
- Appelation Montello-Colli Asolani DOC
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Ageing Process 15-18 months depending on the variety and the vintage
- Bottle Ageing 2 years
Vine Training guyot
- Yeld per Hectar 1'500-4'000 kg
- Soil Structure Ferretto soil (reddish brown clayey soil)