Grumello Rainoldi 2019
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Wine Features
Grumello, from the Latin Grumus, which means “hill”, is located in the municipalities of Sondrio and Montagna in Valtellina.
It covers an area of just under 100 hectares and has its centre of gravity in Castel Grumello.
The particular vertical-incline of this area means that the vineyards can already be found at an altitude of 350 m a.s.l. up to 650 m a.s.l. in the highest part called Dossi Salati.
It is widely believed that the wines of this area are particularly fresh and fruity.
Our vineyards are located in the area called Dossi Salati.
- Color Ruby red colour.
- Bouquet Delicate, ethereal bouquet, with hints of hazelnut and small red fruits.
- Taste In the mouth it is fresh and harmonious, with a good structure. Excellent drinkable wine.
White and red meat, baked vegetables.
- Serve at 18°C.
- Decanting time 1 Hour
- Longevity 10 - 15 years
- Name Grumello
- Appelation Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Still Red
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- In 25 and 56 hl oak barrels for about 20 months. Assemblage in steel tanks before bottling and left to rest for 2 months
- Bottle aging in dark and cool cellars for 6 months before marketing