Inferno Rainoldi 2019
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Wine Features
Inferno sub zone extends for about 60 hectares and is one of the most beautiful landscape areas as well as being of great interest and notoriety.
It is characterized by a small altitude difference (350 – 550 m above sea level) and by a succession of different areas no longer from the bottom upwards as in the case of Sassella and Grumello, but from the west to the east.
This is proven by the fact that, despite being a small area, it covers three municipalities: a part of Montagna in Valtellina (hamlet of Runsc), Poggiridenti and Tresivio. Its wines are full-bodied and appreciated for their exuberant tannic power and austerity. Our vineyards are located within these three municipalities, i.e. in the areascalled Runsc, Circuito dell’Inferno, Guast, Calvario.
Red meat, game, first courses with meat sauces.
- Serve at 18°C.
- Decanting time 1 Hour
- Longevity 10 - 15 years
- Name Inferno
- Appelation Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Still Red
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- In 25 and 56 hl oak barrels for about 20 months. Assemblage in steel tanks before bottling and left to rest for 2 months
- Bottle aging in dark and cool cellars for 6 months before marketing