Rosso del Soprano
Terre Siciliane IGT - 2017
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Wine Features
The Rosso del Soprano from the Palari winery is an elegant, fresh and fruity wine, which comes from the vineyards overlooking the Strait of Messina, right on the extreme north-eastern tip of Sicily. It is a wine with a typically territorial face, made with red grapes traditionally grown on site. A majority percentage of Nerello Mascalese is joined to complete the blend by Nerello Cappuccio, Nocera and Galatena. The short passage in wood makes the wine harmonious and mature, while retaining the fruity fragrance which makes the sip particularly immediate and captivating.
Rosso del Soprano is produced by the most famous winery of the small Faro denomination. The Palari estate cultivates 7 hectares of vineyards in the magnificent hilly area of Santo Stefano Briga, overlooking the sea of the Strait of Messina. Palari had the great merit of bringing the wines of the Messina area back to their ancient splendor, enhancing an area with great potential and working with the native red grape varieties that have always been present in this area. The climate, warm and Mediterranean, is always very windy and mitigated by the sea breezes, which completely surrounds the small tip of land of Faro. The sandy soils and the presence of old vineyards give grapes of great quality and aromatic concentration. In the cellar it is sufficient to intervene as little as possible to transfer the excellence of the terroir into the bottle. The wines are striking for the refinement of the aromas, the freshness of the sip and the extraordinary smoothness of drinking.
- Color Intense ruby red
- Bouquet Fruity, with clear notes of berries and jam
- Taste smooth and velvety, with a good dowry of tannins. Long and persistent.
Stewed fish, pasta with meat ragout, white meat, stewed red meat
- Serve at 16-18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 7 years
- Name Rosso del Soprano
- Appelation Sicilia IGT
- Nerello Mascalese 50%, Nerello Cappuccio 30%, Nocera 10%, other vines 10%
- Bottle Size 0.75l
14.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- traditional fermentation of the red with indigenous yeast and temperature control of fermentation and maceration
- Second-passage oak barriques of Tronçais and Allier, aging for an average period of 12 months. It doesn't perform filtering or fining
- 18 months