Sassella Riserva Vigna degli Apostoli 2015
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Wine Description & Tasting Notes
- Food Pairing & Serving Tips
- Wine Features
Wine obtained from a single vineyard and produced only in the best vintages.
The production philosophy of Aldo Rainoldi's winery is "Wine as culture" and this Sassella Riserva fully respects it. Terraces and local viticultural tradition honor the knowledge left by ancestors and leads to the production of wines that exalt and pay homage to the culture of these places, enclosing an innovation needed to improve a selection of high level wines. An absolute quality of which Sassella Superiore Riserva is part of, a red wine of great longevity which already after two or three years offers itself in all its particular harmony.
It is robust and austere and it is exclusively produced in the best vintages, after a rigorous selection of grapes. We are in the fascinating image of the terraced vineyards of Valtellina, on vineyards which slip away between 270 and 600 meters above sea level, on soils rich in iron rock and on vines more than 30 years old. Rainoldi's Sassella Riserva ages in oak casks for almost two years and then stabilizes for another twelve months in bottle.
- Color Intense uby red colour
- Bouquet Bouquet of cherries, rhubarb with balsamic notes and hints of alpine herbs.
- Taste Wine with great structure and elegance suitable for long aging.
Red meat, game and first courses with elaborate sauces.
- Serve at 18°C
- Decanting time at least 30 minutes
- Longevity up to 20 years
- Name Sassella Riserva Vigna degli Apostoli
- Appelation Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Bottle Size 0.75l
13.5% by volume
- Allergens Contains sulphites
- Aged in 25 hl oak barrels for about 26 months, then racked into steel tanks for 3 months before bottling.
- The aging in the bottle takes place in a dark and cool cellar for at least 36 months before being placed on the market.